Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wednesday September 30, 2009

I love Wednesdays because they are my easy day. I get up at 0630 and get out the AT and pedalled to Starbucks in Gaslight Village. I am going to try their oatmeal. The oatmeal is prepackaged and is microwaved. However, it is quite good, but not filling so I topped breakfast off with an apple fritter. I had to use my bike light this morning and wouldn't you know the batteries fail. I will replace soon.

It is a sunny clear day with little wind, perfect for kayaking. I load the kayak up and head for Thornapple Lake in Barry County. It was a nice ride I saw a lot of geese and ducks gathered in large flocks. Are they getting ready to fly south? I also saw about 12 swans floating in a tight formation. Do swans migrate? I will google "swam migration.

I spent 2.5 hours on the lake. On my way home I stopped at Bob's Gun and Tackle Shop in Hastings. I was looking for winter clothes and socks. The internet said they carried Duofold and Woolrich. They do carry these brands but in limited quantities. I will use the LL Bean Catalog.

I took a quick shower and then a nap. Kayaking can wear you out. Nancy got home from Meijers Garden at 4:30 and we had a quick sandwich and headed downtown to see the Art Prize. Downtown was crowded with a lot of families enjoying all the art displays. I like a lot of the big art displays. I especially like the large metal displays consisting of old metal parts welded or brazed together. We spent about 2 hour downtown.

After a quick read of the paper and a beer, I headed upstairs to finish this blog. Today was cool so I wore my snow board helmet instead of the bike helmet. I also got out a wool sweater. It is suppose to freeze tonight. I would like it to freeze so my grass will quit growing.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was a cool clear Friday. GG and GGM drove to Harrisville for Bingham abstract. GG noted that Bennett died at noon a Veteran. They had a PTA meeting at Aunt Julia's. GG drove to my grandparents with squash and pumpkins.

No comments: