Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thursday October 1, 2009

It froze last night. When I took Ms P out this morning to do her bidness I noted that Tasha's car was covered with frost. Today on my bike ride to the MAC I had to put on gloves. I also started wearing wool socks. My morning routine went without a hitch. I got home from the Kava House at 1300.

This afternoon I started putting the summer stuff away and bringing out the fall clothes. I still am not done. I read someplace that if you do not wear an item of clothing for 2 years throw it away. I started chucking this afternoon. I must have about 50 items. I will take most of the stuff to the Salvation Army. I spent about 3 hours trying to get everything squared away.

They announced the top 10 winner in the Art Prize contest. Nancy and I had seen almost all of the winners last night. In fact I agree with the rankings.

This evening Nancy and I went to Great Lakes Shipping for dinner. I had fried perch with french fries. I guess I am getting hold because it was too much fried food for me. We watched Bones and then headed upstairs. Tomorrow I am working with a group of neighbors planting trees. We plan on planting 15 trees.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was a cold and the first day of duck season. Uncle Guy and Cousin David shot 6. GG said he split 33 bu of hard wood for the upstairs. GG noted that it looks like frost tonight because the sky was clear.

No comments: