Saturday, October 10, 2009

Saturday October 10, 2009

The alarm goes off at 0626 and Nancy gets up and heads for the MAC. I slowly get up and must decide where I am going to have breakfast. The weather report says that we have heavy fog and the temperature is in the 30s. It is still pitch black so I decided to get in the Aztek and head for the Omelet House for an oatmeal breakfast. Oatmeal is a nice breakfast for a cold fall morning. The weather is suppose to improve so I decide to take advantage of the few days left for me to go kayaking this year.

I load up the kayak and head for Weber Dam in Ionia County. This dam impounds the Grand River. This is the second time I have been on this impoundment and today it was a great ride. The fall colors were really nice. I saw a deer, a lot of waterfowl and several huge hawks circling above the water. I did not see any turtles a sure sign that cold weather has driven the critters into hibernation. I spent 2.5 hours on the water.

I always enjoy driving through Ionia County's farm country. Today was no exception. The farms all look well maintained and prosperous. Of course all the nice farms are on gravel roads so the Aztek is very dirty.

When I got home Nancy was on the phone with Sasha getting help on her new iMac. Sasha was a big help. Nancy tried out her built in web cam by talking to Sasha via Skype. It worked great. Nancy likes her iMac.

Right now it is 5:55 and I am writing this blog on word and watching the UW/OSU game on TV. Yes folks I am multi tasking. Nancy is fixing tomato soup and fried egg sandwich for dinner. A great fall evening meal.

We heard from Tasha today and we expect to see her and AJ on Wednesday. Her long plane ride will be a chore for her.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was a warm day with a light rain. GG was home all day.

No comments: