Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday October 2, 2009

I slept in until 0645 because I can not go to the MAC. Instead I am meeting 9 of my OH neighbors for a tree planting work session. We started at 0800 and by 1000 eighteen new trees were planted. In fact we have a new tree (pear) in our front planter. Nine trees were planted on Mackinaw and nine on Pontiac. John Witkowski the president of the OHNA was in charge and he also provided coffee and donuts. John should get a gold star for his efforts.

I finished putting the summer clothes away and rearranging my closets. I also continued to add to the pile of clothes I will take to the Salvation Army.

At 1300 Nancy and I were at the Kent County Health Dept to get our Hep A and B shots. Nancy is up to date and I need to get a booster in March. After the shots I went on a 3 mile walk and Nancy went and got her hair cut. Her hair looks great.

This evening we decided to dine at Brann's, a local restaurant and sports bar. The sports bar is usually very crowded but tonight it was empty. Is this an indication of the local economy? After dinner we watched some TV and I immediately fell asleep in my chair. Too much fresh air?

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was Sunday and GG noted they had a frost last night. Huey told GG the lake had a light crust of ice. GG drove to Alpena to pick up Aunt Laura. Aunt Laura picked 2 1/2 bu of garden stuff. They took Aunt Laura home to Alpena and stayed for dinner. There were 15 folks at church tonight.

No comments: