Saturday, October 24, 2009

Saturday October 24, 2009

The Saturday alarm goes off at 0636 and Nancy is up and out of the house to make her early MAC class. I am still tired from my long drive yesterday. I do struggle to get up at 0700 and head to Bill's for breakfast. I had pancakes, eggs and toast and of course coffee. I read today's DFP. There is usually not much in a Saturday newspaper and today was no exception.

When I got home I strapped on my GPS and went on a 6.6 miles walk around Reeds Lake. My GPS said I walked at an 18:20 per mile pace. It was a great day for a walk because the rains have brought out all the red and yellow colors. It was misting during the entire walk. The bright colors made everyone in an upbeat mood. All the runners and walkers I encountered were very friendly. I ran into Debbie's old friend Heidi Holst and she commented on what a great day it was for a walk.

After the walk Nancy and I drove to the River Town Mall. I was looking for some lined khaki pants. Nancy was looking for something for the grandkids. Nancy bought 1 item. When we got home I took a 1.5 hour nap.

For dinner tonight I finished the meat loaf and Nancy fixed me a baked potato and some string beans. Nancy fixed herself a chicken breast. We are watching TV although there is not much on except football. My teams, UM and AHS, both got beat. It is now 8 PM and I think the rain has finally stopped.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was a rainy Wednesday. GG wrote: "Julia and Guy done the washing, then went to Alpena, had a shower (GG). Thursday should be clear and warmer.

No comments: