Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thursday October 22, 2009

Thursday and I got up at 0630. This time seems to be my normal get up time. It has been a dark gloomy day with intermittent rain. Luckily I packed my rain pants prior to leaving the house. It did not rain on my way to the MAC but it was raining as I got ready to leave. I put on my rain pants and kept dry on my trip to the Kava House. Today's WSJ had several articles on the weak dollar vs. the Euro. I hope we don't have $10 beers when we visit Germany.

After lunch Nancy and I headed to Costco to purchase some supplies. I also purchase two thermal shirts for a very good price. Every once in a while Costco has a great deal on men's clothing. I purchased a wool pea coat for $30 several years ago. Costco had a lot of Christmas displays up. Good grief it is only October.

I posted an announcement on my facebook page recommending all my old friends get a shingles shot. I wanted to edit the entry but did not know how. I will put facebook editing on my to do list. Tomorrow morning I am going to Alpena to attend the funeral for my cousin's husband. I hope to see my Aunt Ruth who is close to 95 years old.

Tonight Nancy and I are going to Great Lakes Shipping for dinner. This is our normal Thursday night ritual. Are we boring or what?

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. I want to thank Jennifer D for informing me that the beggies I mentioned in yesterday's blog was another name for rutabaga. I don't think GG could spell rutabaga so he used the beggies name. October 22, 1938 was a Saturday and GG said they had the heaviest rain in two months. The rain stopped in the afternoon. James L Sanborn, my GG, and Hazel, my GGM, drove to Hubbard Lake to see my grandparents, Robert R and Florence Scott. They brought home some bread and potatoes.

No comments: