Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thurday October 8, 2009

I am still not use to complete darkness at 0630. However, I did manage to get up and complete my at home exercises before 0800. I have still not figured out how to dress on these 40 degree mornings. I had on four layers for my ride to the MAC. When I left the MAC at 1030 I was overdressed with 4 layers. This morning's DFP had several good articles on how the City of Detroit and State of Michigan are trying to balance their budgets. It looks like the gov is recommending a tax increase. I think a tax increase is necessary.

I also subscribe to the WSJ and I spend too much time reading both papers. I spent 2 hours this morning reading papers (actually reading my Kindle). Speaking of Kindle the WSJ said that Amazon is lowering the price of the Kindle $60.

Nancy took Ms P into the beauty shop at 1230. After lunch we went and picked Ms P up. She looks great. If fact with short hair her dachshund features stand out.

I fired up the computer this afternoon and looked at train schedules in Europe. After much searching I finally found what I was looking for on mapquest. We can easily make one day visits to cities in Switzerland, Austria and of course Germany. We are thinking of buying a eurorail pass.

Tonight we are going out to dinner with the Horlings. We are meeting at the Bluewater Grill. The Bluewater was jammed. We had to wait about an hour.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was a warm Saturday. My great grand parents drove to Alpena to record at deed and also to get a quick claim deed from Gertrude Bartlett. GG drove a different route home.

No comments: