Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thursday October 15, 2009

It was a fitful night for Ms P. She was denied access to the room Missy and Akerke were sleeping in. I slept in until 0700. I followed my normal busy Thursday routine. It was cold on my ride to the MAC. I still have not figured out how to dress for the cold weather.

I came home after the MAC expecting to drive Missy to Starbucks for her morning latte. Instead when I got home everyone was gone, except Ms P. So I grabbed my Kindle and pedalled to the Kava House. The WSJ has a lot more non-business news than it before Rupert Murdoch purchased it. In fact I think that the WSJ had a larger readership than USA Today.

When I got home Missy was trying to get Akerke to take a nap. It took her until 3:30 before she finally settled down. The afternoon I answered an email from my AHS friend Tom Cassell. I also looked up the phone number of another classmate who lives in Muskegon. I called but only got the answering machine. My sister, Helen, called and wanted to know how the travellers were doing.

Nancy had a Blodgett wine and cheese reception at 4 and then was helping with the volunteer appreciation dinner at Meijer's Garden. Missy is preparing a meal for Akerke and I am ordering a pizza from Big Bob's for Missy and me (I?).

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was Saturday and GG noted that it was another warm day. GG shelled 27 bushels of beans. GG also called at Ed Bruskies Cottage.

No comments: