Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday October 30, 2009

It was raining hard when I got up. I changed my workout plan and for the first time in months I drove to the MAC. It was still raining hard when I left the MAC. Today's DFP had many articles on the shooting of the black Muslim in Detroit. In fact, most of the articles thought the FBI over reacted. However, if someone shot at me I would shoot back.

After lunch I headed out and ran some errands. I stopped at "Hitches by George" to see if they could mount a bike hitch on a Cobalt or Focus. I then stopped by the Ford dealer and got a price on a 2010 Focus and Ranger pickup. I also stopped by the Chevy dealer to look at the Cobalt. It was raining so hard that I called off the Cobalt inspection. My biggest worry about a small car is how am I going to transport my kayak. Bill and Paul's had several kayak racks but they recommended that I wait to 2010 when Thule will come out with a blockbuster carrier.

Although a small pickup would meet my needs I am worried about driving in ice and snow. The small pickups also get poor gas mileage. I think that 4 door Cobalt or Focus is my best bet. My car decision will be based on the vehicle that can best transport my toys.

The remaining afternoon was spent going through my mail. I am amazed how many requests I get for money. I must be on every health organization's mailing list.

This evening Nancy and I went to Great Lakes Shipping for dinner. The place was crowded. I got the fried perch and Nancy went to the salad bar. There are several good movies on TV but I want to finish my book tonight.

I got a message on facebook from Steve telling me to change my browser if I want to cut and paste to this blog. Another computer guy gave me the same advise. Is foxfire that good?

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was a clear mild Sunday. Church service was at 1100 with 11 folks in attendance. In the PM GG drove to Alpena. They were home by 5:30.

No comments: