Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday September 20, 2009

Sunday is swim day, so we are up at 0700 and head for the MAC. As we are leaving the house Nancy said she heard a noise. It sounded like tic toc. I took down the clock and asked Nancy if it sounded like the clock. She said sorta but not quite. We left and swam our 45 minutes and did our shopping at Meijers. We get home and I am unloading the car when Nancy informs me that we have a problem. A big problem. Our glass top table in the den has shattered. The table top is large and we have glass all over the back room. The glass just shattered and we can not explain. No heavy loads, no extreme heat or cold and no evidence of a break in. The puzzle remains unsolved. It took almost an hour to clean up all the broken glass. Nancy still had time to make her world famous poached eggs.

I did take an afternoon nap. It is expected to rain every day next week so I decided to cut the grass today. It took 3.5 hours. I think I will have to cut the grass 1 more time this season.

For dinner we had turkey sandwiches with home grown tomatoes. We also had corn on the cob and cole slaw. We watched 60 minutes. Actually it was only 20 minutes. The Emmy Awards show was on so we watched the football game from Dallas' new $1,000,000,000 stadium. I hope the stadium is a jinks for Dallas. Dallas, Notre Dame, USC and Alabama are all teams I like to see lose each week.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was a Tuesday and cloudy most of the morning. They had a light shower about 2 PM. GG pulled 5 bu corn in the morning. In the afternoon he cut 4 rows of corn and picked 5 bu of corn. Cousin Glen was sick all day. GG shelled beams in the evening.

No comments: