Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday September 13, 2009

Sunday morning and we head for the MAC and our 45 minute swim. Unlike past weeks, when we had to share lanes, Nancy and I were the only people in the pool. We are caught up on supplies so we did not have to go the Meijers. Nancy made her world famous poached eggs and this morning I had them on waffles. I took a short nap as usual.

Today like the past week was bright, sunny and warm. Our grass is still on steroids. I adjusted the sprinklers but it continues to grow. Today I had to move my retro bike to get to the mower. I had a flat tire. I was surprised that I changed the tire in less than 10 minutes. I did not edge today so it only took me 2 hours to cut the grass.

I did not watch the Lions game today. It looks like the same old team. I did watch part of the US Open. It was good tennis. I do not think that I could ever return one of the men's serve.

For dinner we finished the chicken salad from last night and I also had a couple of hot dogs. We watched 60 Minutes and then part of the football game. At nine Nancy and I headed upstairs. We both have a busy week coming up.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was a Tuesday with early morning fog. GG wrote that it was Primary Election day. GG took Ed Byrnes to vote. He dug 1 bushel of potatoes in the morning and picked them up at 5 PM. He worked in the post office in the afternoon.

No comments: