Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday September 6, 2009

The alarm goes off at 0656 and Bob and Nancy bounce out of bed. We declared yesterday that jet lag was over. The pool at the MAC was not crowded. We both swam our normal 45 minutes or 1500 yards. After the swim we head for Meijers and our weekly shop date. I purchased gas, $2.50 per gallon, and returned $6 worth of bottles.

Of course for breakfast Nancy fixed her world famous poached eggs. Returning to my normal routine I took my Sunday afternoon nap. After the nap I decided to cut the grass. The grass was quite long and I thought it was on steroids. Today I placed the side discharge chute on the mower. It worked great and I got a uniform cut. It took me 3 hours to cut and edge the grass. I had to get the yard looking good because Wednesday night Nancy has her book club over.

Nancy fired up the grill and cooked a pork loin for dinner. We had the pork, fresh green beans and cottage cheese for dinner. It was good. Not much on TV so I am writing this blog and playing games on the computer.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was a cloudy Tuesday. GG took Aunt Laura and cousin Glen to Alpena. GG and Glen got a hair cut. They dropped off some corn for Aunt Julia and then went to the County Fair. On there way home they stopped at Diamond's Corner and got sandwiches and 2 cans of orange juice. GG worked in the post office in the afternoon.

No comments: