Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday September 19,2009

I set the alarm for 0636 so I can get Nancy up for body pump. The alarm goes off and Nancy is already up and ready to go. Me, I am a little slower. I don't leave the house until 0715. I hop on the retro and pedal to Wolfgang's. The place was crowded with people setting up for the Eastown Street Fair.

After breakfast I load up the kayak and head for Saugatuck. I planned on putting in at a park in Douglass and paddling around Saugatuck checking out all the boats. However, the wind was pretty strong and I did not want to battle wind and waves so I turned around and headed for New Richmond about 2 miles upstream on the Kzoo. The boat launch at New Richmond is being renovated into an Allegan County Park. The launch area was all torn up but I managed to get the kayak in the water. I paddled 1h 40m upstream and it took me 35 m on the return. The current was stronger than I thought. Kayaking in the fall is great. The jet skis are gone, the weather is cooler and the leaves are turning. Time well spent.

When I got home I took a quick shower and Nancy and I headed to the Eastown Street Fair. The GRP said that the Fair would have 70 booths. Wealthy Street was blocked off and I think the GRP was correct on the number of booths. The place was crowded. The warm, sunny day brought out all the folks. I told Nancy that a street fair is like the bazaar in Kazakhstan only with wider aisles. Nancy purchased some hair bows for our grand daughters.

Nancy fired up the grill and cooked a New York strip steak for dinner. We also had corn on the cob. A great way to end a beautiful fall day. And believe it or not AHS and UM won their football games.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. GG had a busy Monday. He picked 1 bushel of pears and 1 bushel of apples at Lottics. He also picked 2 bu corn and shelled some beans. GG paid Jim Courtright to pull milk weed.

No comments: