Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Monday August 24, 2009

Today is Tasha's big day. She has a ten o'clock court appointment. The judge will make a ruling regarding Tasha's adoption. We arrive at the baby house at 0800. Akerka is much more active today. Tasha leaves at 0900 and Nancy and I get to spend some quality time with Akerka. At 1130, Tasha calls and said the public defender did not show up so the court hearing is rescheduled for 3 PM.

Nancy and I walk home and meet Tasha. We have a quick lunch and get back to the court before 3. We all waited for over an hour for the public defender to show up. When he arrived Nancy and I were told to leave the hearing. We wait outside. Nancy was very thirsty so I walk across the street to buy a pop. I am looking for a store when I see Nancy waving me to come back. In little over 10 minutes the Judge had made his ruling. Tasha can adopt the baby. This was the good news we all wanted. It was very emotional.

We had dinner with Karen at a local pizza cafe. Karen helped us order. She speaks Russian which is the official language. I had a traditional Kazakh meal. It was like beef stew only with lamb.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. Wednesday and it was cold, GG had to wear a coat today. GG took the family to Geo West's resort on Lake Avalon for a picnic. GG also mentioned that he got the pump handle fixed and it cost $0.50.

No comments: