Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday September 17, 2009

Today was another sunny and warm day. It looks like the nice weather will extend through the weekend. I followed my normal morning routine and after lunch loaded the kayak in the Aztek and headed for Riverside Park. I paddled from the Park to the 6th Street Dam. It was a very pleasant paddle. I am back using just a single canoe paddle to propel the kayak. I think it lessens shoulder and arm pain. It is slightly slower than a double bladed kayak paddle.

This evening Nancy and I, as usual, headed to Great Lakes Shipping for dinner. We sat outside. I think this will probably be our last time to enjoy eating outside. Not much on TV tonight so I am getting an early start on the blog. I hope to get to bed before 9:30.

I am a little disappointed in President Carter's comments that all the protests at Town Hall meetings are racially motivated. I happen to strongly disagree. Protest against public policy is part of the democratic process.

Our diverse country is creating a class of citizens of mixed racial and religious backgrounds. I think this is inevitable and good for the country. People of mixed races should not be considered black or white or brown. They should be called Americans.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was a clear, mild Saturday. GG dug 2 bushel of potatoes and 1 quart of worms (for fishing). GGM picked beans. Ed Shiske paid $137 on his lot and GG gave him the deed. They also shelled 1/2 bushel of beans.

No comments: