Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tuesday August 25, 2009

Boy what a difference a day makes, yesterday was hot and today it is cool and extremely windy. Dust is everywhere. We visit the baby house at 1030. Today Akerka starts to walk. She takes several steps and receives cheers from the family. I was very encouraged by her walking. I thought perhaps she had some problems with her legs but her walking today proved me wrong.

We all walk back to the apartment, gulag. We had lunch in our favorite coffee cafe. We like this place because the menu has pictures. I just point to what I want. After lunch we head to the bazaar (again). Tasha and Nancy are going to purchase some souvenirs. The high winds made walking very unpleasant. We spent a quiet evening at the apartment reading and swatting mosquitoes.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was a cold, windy Thursday. GG picked 4 bushel of corn. He husked 1 bushel. Dinner this evening was at the church and they collected $18.

No comments: