Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thursday September 24, 2009

It was cooler this morning. Temperature was in the high 50s. After the at-home routine I got on the all terrain (AT) bike and headed for the MAC. This was my first ride with the new coaster brake. I even got someone to say, nice bike. After the MAC I headed to the Kava House to read the DFP and WSJ. I stopped the NYT and loaded the WSJ. It has been a week since I charged the Kindle and I got a message saying the battery was low. I did get my reading done.

This afternoon I ran several errands. I stopped by Alger Schwinn to get some valve caps for my bikes. I made a template of the glass table top and delivered it to West MI Glass to get a new top made. My final stop was Todd Wenzel Pontiac to get my oil changed. Pontiac recommends changing the oil every 3,000 miles or 3 months whichever comes first. This has been the first time 3 months came first. I walked around the yard and looked at some cars. Wenzel is a high volume dealer and with Pontiac gone can they sell enough Buick and GMC vehicles?

Tonight Nancy and I are going to Great Lakes Shipping for dinner. I do not think we will sit outside.

Every day I check my sceco and rhs email. In the past month I have not received any work related emails. As dugout Doug would says "old civil engineers never die they just fade away".

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was a clear, warm Saturday. GG picked peaches in the morning and brought in some ice. He also picked some Hubbard squash. In the afternoon he cut 2 Norway pines for fire wood. He also spent some time husking corn. After supper he brought in 1/2 bushel of musk melon.

No comments: