Saturday, September 12, 2009

Saturday September 12, 2009

I set the alarm for 0636 so I could get Nancy up to attend her body pump class at the MAC. Me, I get on my retro and head for Wolfgang's for breakfast. I get there at 0715 and all the booths are empty. At 0730 all the booths are full. After breakfast I load up the road bike and head for Montcalm County and the Fred Meijer Trail. I have to take several detours because today the Reeds Lake Tri is being held and the police have closed several roads. I remember the first TRI because Tasha participated. She won her age group.

When I got to the East Beltline I was engulfed in fog. It was very heavy. So I decided not to go Montcalm County. Instead I head for Riverside Park and the White Pine Trail. I pedalled to the end of the paved section, a distance of 24 miles. It was a beautiful day for a ride. I noted many activities along the way. An Indian PowWow was being held in Riverside Park. The park was loaded with all kinds of tents and travel trailers.

Rockford had an arts festival and farmers market. A JV football game was being played in Cedar Springs because I heard the PA announcer. The trail was loaded with roller bladders, runners and bikers. It took me 4 hours to go 48 miles.

When I got home I watched part of the MSU game and then took a nap. I wanted a short nap but I slept for 2 hours. I also watched part of the UM game. Nancy made a chicken salad for dinner. It hit the spot. After dinner I purchased Nancy her birthday soft ice cream cone. We always buy it at the store on Fuller and Michigan. I took a short walk after the cone. This evening watched the first half of the OSU/USC game. My nap has given me a second wind so I will try and finish my book this evening.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was foggy until noon and cloudy the rest of the day. GG noted: "we continued digging potatoes, 1.5 bushels, and pulling corn, 1 bu husked". GG tried fishing at the dam and he did not get a bite.

No comments: