Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday May 31, 2009

The alarm goes off at 0656 and Nancy and I get ready to go swimming at the MAC. We both swam for 45 minutes. Today was a bright sunny day. After our normal trip to Meijer's Nancy made her world famous poached eggs on toast.

Following my normal Sunday afternoon routine, I took a short nap and then a 3 mile walk. Reeds Lake was loaded with sailboats and the park was jammed. We do love a warm sunny day.

Nancy cooked me hot dogs on the grill tonight. She grilled herself a hamburger. Dogs and burgers on the grill are great. I topped off the meal with a bowl of rhubarb sauce. The Red Wings are on TV tonight and I will watch after I finish the blog.

May 31, 1927 with Grandmother Hughes in Rome, Italy. Grandmother wrote:" Appian Way, Catacombs, Tomb of Cecelia Mettella (?), Aqueduct built by Claudius, return by new Appian Way.

Ossineke, Mi this date in 1938. GG wrote: nice day all day, average 65. Planted several rows of corn, AM & PM. Worked in post office until 4PM.

No comments: