Saturday, May 2, 2009

Saturday May 2, 2009

The alarm goes off at 0626 and I wake Nancy so she can make her 0715 class at the MAC. I buy a NYT and eat breakfast at the Brandywine. After breakfast I start spreading mulch around the flower beds. Nancy joins me and 1 1/2 hours later we finish. We have placed 15 bags of mulch and have 4 bags in reserve. We also decide that winter is over and put the snow shovels up in the garage trusses. I sweep out the garage and put on the front and back screen door. The summer season is upon us.

After lunch I load up the kayak and head for Reeds Lake. I know it is windy but I did not think it would hinder my kayaking. I left the west end of Reeds Lake with the wind at my back. When I get to the east end and head north I realize that the wind is so strong and the waves so big that I cannot go north. I turn the kayak around and head west into the teeth of the wind. I have to aim the kayak directly into the wind so I will not capsize. I finally make it to the launch pad.

I get home, take a shower and then a short nap. Tonight Nancy and Mary are taking their husbands out to dinner to celebrate their April birthdays. We eat at the Spinnaker. The meal was great. We get home at 9 PM. Nancy said that all our work in the yard will make her stiff tomorrow. I agree but we are still going swimming.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. Cold west wind. Wildo fitted up the garden picked up dish of worms (?). Glen went to garden in afternoon. Buying milk of Walter Ured. (I am confused, are you?)

No comments: