Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday May 11, 2009

Believe it or not but there were frost warnings out this morning. It was 40 degrees at our house. Despite the cold, today was sunny and bright. My Monday morning workout is the longest of the week. In addition to my normal routine I do dead lifts and also shave my head. These little additions add about 40 minutes to my workout. It was 1100 when I left the MAC for the Kava House. The DFP today was kind of boring. They had few doom and gloom articles and no scandals to report. They did report on the Red Wings win.

After lunch I drove to the bank to cash in my piggy bank money. I had $143 in coins. After the bank I stopped by Alger Schwinn to see if they had any 29" single bikes on display. $1,600 is a bit pricey for a single speed bike.

At 3 PM I started mowing the grass. It has been only a week since the last mowing but I could not get over how much the grass had grown. It took 3 hours to finish the lawn. After the mowing I get out my electric weed wacker and trimed the edges. Today I ran out of string so I will have to fill the string spool and finish tomorrow. I also have an electric blower so I can blow the grass cuttings off of the concrete. I am totally electric. Bob is green!

Last night at the dinner party we were all asked to tell about the best advice our mothers had given us. My answer was that my mother told me that I would never be happy until I could control my destiny. She said I would be happy if I worked for myself and had a small staff under me. A small staff was no more that 5 people. Mother was right.

May 11, 1927 Grandmother Hughes is on the steam ship Cleveland heading for Europe. Grandmother Hughes wrote "still nice weather, water like glass. Passed Albert Ballen largest ship of the fleet."

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. Cold north wind, froze ice. 3 rats and shot 2, 1 shot last night. We drove to Scott's, AM got some rhubarb. Wild plowed new garden.

Rhubarb is a spring time luxury in Michigan. Tonight Nancy fixed me a rhubarb sauce. It was great. A lot of people say it is a spring tonic.

No comments: