Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thursday May 14, 2009

Last night some very heavy thunder storms roared through Grand Rapids. This morning when I looked out the sun was up. I love a sunny day after a night of thunder storms. The air is fresh and clean. I followed my normal morning routine ending up at the Kava House. After lunch I checked my email and then decided to take a bike ride. I put on a new pair of riding shorts that Sasha got me for my birthday. It is the first time this year I have worn shorts. I strapped on my GPS and took an hour ride. I rode Hall Street to the East Beltline and rode north on the Beltline to Michigan Ave. I headed back to Hall Street and then rode around Reeds Lake. It was a great day for a ride. It took me 1 hour and I rode 10 miles. Not very fast (10 mph) but fast enough for me.

This evening Nancy and I headed to Great Lakes Shipping for our Thursday night dinner. We each ordered a different sandwich. The sandwiches come in 2 sections and we each shared a section. We also talked about our May 23 trip the Alma and what to do with Ms P. We are going to take Ms P with us. She will not be a problem.

This evening I talked to SPS about his July trip to GR. I gave him several options for a trip to Mackinaw Island. I also needed Al's SS number for the college fund. I will need Sasha to get A's SS number as soon as possible.

May 14, 1927, Grandmother Hughes is on the steam ship Cleveland heading for Europe. Grandmother wrote "Saw Ireland soon after breakfast, reached Queenstown soon after lunch. Ireland, high banks and very green, yellow flowers."

Ossineke, Mi this date in 1938. Cool, average temperature around 50. Drove to Alpena with Julia, Glen and Sister. GG bought some chicken feed. GG gave cousin David $0.50 for fishing tackle. David caught 17 bluegills.

No comments: