Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thursday May 28, 2009

It was a cold dreary day. (the start of the great American novel) The only good thing was I finished the last of 21 pills I have been taking to shrink up the thingies in my nose. The pills are gross and leave a bad taste in my mouth. The good news is, my snoring appears to be less intense. Today I also pedalled my road bike instead of the retro. The retro bike's ride, with its balloon tires, is more cushioned than the skinny tired road bike. However, it is easier to pedal the road bike. Life is about trade offs.

Today's DFP continues to report on GM's impending bankruptcy. I think GM should have declared bankruptcy months ago and kept the Feds out of their operations. However, I came to this conclusion only about 1 week ago.

It was such a miserable day that this afternoon I stayed in the office and completed some chores. I set up a meeting with our stock broker for next week. I paid some bills. I set up an education fund for ACS. Nancy and I also selected a motel for our trip to Mackinaw Island in July.

It being Thursday evening Nancy and I headed for GLS for dinner. I had the French dip and Nancy had a trip to the salad bar. We spent a quiet evening reading and watching reruns on TV.

May 28, 1927 with Grandmother Hughes in Genoa, Italy. Today Grandmother Hughes visited stores in the morning and cemetery in afternoon. Another fun filled day for GH.

Ossineks, MI this date in 1938. It was a nice day and GG and GGmother spent the day in the garden. Aunt Julia also started her garden. GGmother planted squash and a mystery plant and GG ran the cultivator.

No comments: