Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday May 29, 2009

It got cold last night. We call 50 degrees cold in May but 50 degrees in April is down right balmy. I was really glad when I finished by workout this morning. Fridays are always tough. Today's DFP has already conceded that GM will never be the same. Bankruptcy is expected to start on Monday. The only good news in Detroit are the Red Wings.

This afternoon Nancy and I visited Costco. Nancy made several small purchases. We did not need gas but most stations in the GR area are charging $2.76 per gallon.

After lunch I loaded up the kayak and headed for Ada. I put in at Amway and paddled up the Grand River to the Thornapple River. I then paddled up the Thornapple to the Ada Dam. The only traffic on the river was a single fisherman. The entire trip took about 1 hour.

For dinner tonight Nancy fixed me three small pizzas we purchased at Costco. I also had some rhubarb sauce. I fell asleep watching the news and slept about 30 minutes. To shake out the cobwebs I took a short walk. The days keep getting longer. Sunset tonight was at 9:13.

May 29, 1927 with Grandmother Hughes in Genoa, Italy. Grandmother left Genoa and arrived in Rome at 7:30 PM. They are staying at the Swiss Pension. It cost 45L per day with meals.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. GG said it was Sunday a fine, clear day. GG and GGmother drove to the baseball game. Greeley Grange vs Hubbard Lake. Greeley Grange won 10-2. They went to church this evening and 9 people were in attendance.

No comments: