Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday May 15, 2009

Is it going to rain or isn't it? That has been the question all day. I took a rain coat and pants with me on my bike ride to the MAC and Kava House. It did not rain. The DFP was filled with stories about the closing of 39 Dodge dealers in MI. It will have a big economic impact on the local communities. The only good news was that the Red Wings won game 7 and now start a series with Chicago.

Before lunch Nancy and I head to Costco. I filled the Aztek with gas. Gas is $2.30 per gallon. The store had a lot of free samples today. Nancy says it is because of all the graduation parties. Anyway it was good. For lunch I had a hot dog. Costco has changed their brand of hot dog. It was a big mistake. After Costco we headed for the Home Depot. Nancy used her gift card from Sasha to purchase some plants. When I got home I loaded up the kayak and headed for Reeds Lake. EGR was having an event near to kayak launch so I could not find a parking spot. I'm sure this was a sign so I came home and took a nap.

Tonight we are staying home. I have been out the last 3 nights. We will read and watch TV.

Grandmother Hughes is visiting Europe this date in 1927. She wrote "reach Cherbourg (France) at noon, reach Paris at 12 PM. (I am assuming Grandmother took a train)

Ossineke, Mi this date in 1938. GG wrote "a very pleasant cold day". Uncle John and Aunt Laura took them to lunch at the lodge at Lost Lake Woods. They came home via Lincoln and Harrisville. Remember Aunt Laura is GG's daughter and Uncle John is the mayor of Alpena. They attended church in the evening. 13 people showed up.

No comments: