Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tuesday May 26, 2009

Today Nancy and I got back to normal after our Memorial Day weekend. Everything was normal except I gave Nancy her coffee in the Monday cup and not the Tuesday cup. I ended up, as I normally do, at the Kava House reading the DFP. The DFP was very subdued today because the fate of GM's bankruptcy will be decided today.

Kim our cleaning lady was here today and she brought me some rhubarb. I love rhubarb. After lunch I ran some errands. I stopped at Home Deport and got a spool of string for the weed wacker. I also looked at some screening material and asked some advice on how I could screen off our breeze way. I like the breeze way in summer but on some evenings the bugs are bad. I also stopped at Schuler's Books to read up on 29" bikes and also to see if they had any USGS Topo maps. They do not.

I ran the errands instead of going kayaking because the weather people said it was going to rain today. This afternoon was bright and sunny. I did take a 3 mile walk. This evening I hope to get some reading done. I have a stack of magazines that need reading.

May 26, 1927 with Grandmother Hughes in Nice, France. Grandmother wrote "Drove to Menton for lunch, then to Monte Carlo over Grand Cornief Road and back to Nice on the Lower Cornief Road".

Ossineke, MI this day in 1938. Drove 8th Grade kids to Alpena High. (probably for orientation) In afternoon went to garden and put in kukes and mushmellow. Spent 3 hours in garden.

No comments: