Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wednesday May 6, 2009

Busy day. The alarm goes off at 0535. Today is Breakfast Club Day and I have to be at the Women's Civic Club by 0645. Today I sat with 3 retired civil engineers and 3 doctors. The table conversation was very lively. After breakfast club I picked up my blazer from Master Cleaners and then headed for St Mary's Lab. They have to perform another test on me. I ended the morning with a 1000 yard swim at the MAC.

I sat around the house this afternoon waiting for the lawn sprinkler guy to show up and turn on the sprinklers. He showed up at 2:30. I also got the car washed this afternoon.

Nancy and I attended the Meijer's Garden Auction and dinner at the Gardens. I had to wear a tie and blazer. It took a while but I did remember how to tie a tie. Nancy wore a nice dress with green jacket. She looked great and I was very proud. Surprise! Surprise! I knew several people at the auction. Bill and Margie Derooge were in attendance and I told them that their son and SPS were on the same hockey team that I coached. They seemed confused until I told them that I wore a tam. The lady who wrote the book 1,000 places you should visit before you die recently wrote an article for an airline magazine on the top 1000 museums of the world. Meijer's Garden is listed as #13.

May 6, 1927, Grandmother Hughes trip to Europe. The steam ship,, Cleveland left Boston Harbor for Europe. Grandmother Hughes listed her table companions.

Ossineke, Mi this date in 1938. It was cold in Ossineke. GG and GGM went to the garden in the morning. It was too cold for GGM so they came home. GG planted some potatoes in both the morning and afternoon.

No comments: