Saturday, May 9, 2009

Saturday May 9, 2009

It started to rain early this morning and it was still raining when the alarm went off at 0616. (notice when I set the alarm I alway have 2 identical numbers) I got Nancy up so she could make her 0700 class at the MAC. Because of the rain I decided to go swimming. I swam 1000 yards. After the swim I had breakfast at the Brandywine and read the NYT. It takes me forever to finish just the international section of the Times. Part of the reason is that I am a slow reader and the other is the amount of detail in a NYT story. I think it is a great paper outside of the opinion page.

I have been reading about the new Kindle that is being introduced by Amazon. I think it is a great idea. I would love to down load a newspaper in the morning and then read it with my coffee. I think we all will be carrying a Kindle-like device in the future. I was going to say "near future" but I have always been confused by this term.

After breakfast I came home and finished the NYT. I then started to wrap coins from my piggy bank. I had $143. Nancy had to work at Meijer's Garden so I took a short nap. After the nap the sun was out so I took a 3 mile walk.

For dinner Nancy and I, with all the other old folks, headed to Russ's. We both had a bowl of soup and a double hamburger. I ate 1/2 of Nancy's burger. Nancy's sweet tooth was acting up so we got a hot fudge sundae from McDonald's.

Not much on TV tonight. We watched part of "Back to the Future III". I will watch a basketball game after writing this blog.

This date in 1927 Grandmother Hughes is on the steam ship Cleveland heading for Europe. Grandmothers only comment was that the ship had a children's party.

Ossineke, Mi this date in 1938. Rain, 50 degrees in the morning. GG was home all day. He put up 3 bu of wood and 2 bu pitch. David and sister started school again. GG shot 2 rats with 1 shot. (I assume he was using a shot gun.) GG set 3 traps.

No comments: