Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thursday May 21, 2009

Another nice sunny day. The temperature reached 82 degrees this afternoon. Like Monday, Thursday is a busy day for me, exercise wise. Today was the first day this year that I did not need a sweat shirt on my bike ride to the MAC. In fact I only wore 1 shirt on my run outside. As usual I bought a DFP and read it at the Kava House.

After lunch I got in the Aztek and headed for the Comcast office. Our remote was on the fritz so I got a new one. It was a simple exchange with no money involved. I took the kayak to Riverside Park and for the first time this year the water was low enough for me to launch the kayak. I paddled down to the 6th Street bridge and back. It took 1.5 hours. Being on the water is one of the most relaxing things I know. I recommend it for stressed out folks.

This evening Nancy and I had dinner at Great Lakes Shipping. We sat outside. In a couple of weeks GLS will have their Thursday night band on the patio. Speaking of firsts, tonight I will not need by electric blanket.

May 21, 1927 Grandmother Hughes' visit to Europe. Today Grandmother visited battlefields along the Marne to Chateau-Thierry, Belleau Wood Opera House. ( A famous WWI battle was fought at Belleau Wood and a military cemetery is located at Chateau-Thierry. Chateau-Thierry is located in northern France on the Marne River. I am assuming Grandmother was on a tour bus.)

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. GG drove to Alpena and was home by noon. He bought 100# of scratch. In the afternoon GG planted 2 dozen tomatoes and 2 dozen cabbage. Rain after 4 PM.

No comments: