Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday May 8, 2009

I woke at 0615 with the birds chirping and the sun starting to come up. Spring is great. The only problem with this time of year is figuring out what to wear. When I ride my bike to the MAC it is cool and a jacket is required. When I leave the MAC the temperature has risen 15 degrees and my jacket is no longer required. Decisions! Decisions!

The DFP continues to write about the trials and tribulations of GM. I have been too emotional about GM. I now think GM should have declared bankruptcy when the problem first reared its ugly head.

This afternoon I loaded up the kayak and headed for Gun Lake. I spent almost 2 hours paddling around the lake. When I first put in there were about 15 pickups and boat trailers in the parking lot. Two hours later there were about 30. I know that a fishing boat and trailer costs $25,000. Most of the pickups in the lot were new and full size. The average price for a pickup is about $30,000. Is the economy bad?

This evening Nancy and I drove over to Gaslight Village and had dinner at Olga's Kitchen. I had soup and sandwich and Nancy had soup and a salad. We rate the food at 3.5. We sat outside for this first time this year. It was very pleasant. After dinner we stopped at Kohl's. On our way home I showed Nancy the duplex that Sasha is looking at. It is suppose to be cold and windy tomorrow, so I plan on going swimming instead of a bike ride or kayak trip.

May 8, 1927 Grandmother Hughes is on the steam ship Cleveland heading for Europe. Grandmother commented that it was Sunday and a little rough.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It is Mother's Day. Aunt Julia called, Aunt Florence, my grandmother, sent a cooked chicken and Aunt Julia and Fern sent flowers. 15 people attended the evening church service.

No comments: