Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday June 1, 2009

We woke up to heavy rain. I put on my super duper rain pants that Tasha got me and my LL Bean rain coat and pedalled to the MAC. I encountered some heavy rain but stayed dry. Because of the rain I performed my morning run inside on the track. Today is D day for GM. Every one is probably glad that at least a decision has been made. I hope for the best.

Nancy and I were going to meet with a stockbroker this afternoon but he called and canceled. So I ran a few errands. I opened an account at Macatawa Bank and stopped by the Pontiac and Ford dealers to see what they had to replace Nancy's 7 year old Taurus. I really like the new Taurus. The driver sits up higher than in Nancy's Taurus and it has a lot of safety features that us old people like. After my trip to the car dealers I stopped by the East Paris Pharmacy and got a shingles shot.

I got home about 5 PM and decided that the lawn was dry enough to mow. It took me 2.5 hours to cut the grass. Tonight was cereal night and we watched House at 8 PM and now I am writing this blog. I have written 350 blogs.

June 1, 1927 with Grandmother Hughes in Rome. This was a hectic day for Grandmother. She visited many sites. I think Grandmother Hughes had some spelling issues but I will copy her comments exactly as she wrote them. The following are her entries: June 1, Church of Capuciaus, Cemetery of Capuciaus, Borghesse Galleries formerly Villa Borghesse. Government bought the Villa for 3,000,000 L for a public gallery and museum. Borghesse family lost their money, wife was an American. Mussolina is having addition built on, and in excavating, wonderful works of art have been dug up, fine statues. The Ghetto English Cemetery where Keats and Shelley are buried. St Paul outside the wall, very fine. The front has six huge columns of alabaster , one costing 20,000,000L. (wow! was Grandmother busy.)

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. GG wrote: "worked all day in garden. Mrs worked only in the morning. Looks like rain tonight.

No comments: