Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday June 5, 2009

Today we had another bright sunny day. Despite going to bed late last night I still got up at 0615. I followed a normal morning routine. After lunch I checked out a few things on the computer and then Nancy and I headed for our stock broker. The meeting lasted about an hour. No significant changes were made in our holdings. We are very conservative and want to stay that way. This weekend the "Festival of the Arts" is on downtown. So when we left the brokers office, Nancy and I walked around the festival. The format has not changed over the years.

When we got home Nancy got a skype call from Sasha. Skype is great we can see Sasha and talk at the same time. After the conversation with Sasha, I called Tasha and told her that I want to take part in the 50 mile bike ride in Cleveland on Sunday June 14. I will leave for Cleveland on Friday the 12th. I have never taken part in a organized bike ride and am looking forward to the event. Speaking of skype, as I was typing this blog I got a call from SPS. Nancy and I got to see SPS, VRS, LA and AS. It is so good to see a real time video of the family. Remember family is everything. My words of wisdom for the day.

June 5, 1927 with Grandmother Hughes in Naples, Italy. Grandmother wrote: Saw a review in the forenoon of the Fascist or Black Shirt Cavalary. Artillery (?) rained in morning. In the afternoon went to Posilipo with Mrs Marvin of New York came back and went to Bartelinus for tea then back to the Pension for dinner.

Ossineke, MI this day in 1938. Sunday, rained, thunder storms. MOrley & Lemay came 10 AM to look over mill sites. Went to ball game at 2:30, Grange won.

No comments: