Monday, June 22, 2009

Sunday June 21, 2009

Holy Solstice! Today is the shortest day of the year. I this date I experience some major depression. The days are getting shorter. Nancy and I got up at 0646 and got ready for our Sunday morning swim at the MAC. I swam 1600 yards in 45 minutes. My nose spry is working because I did not plug up in the afternoon. After the swim we headed to Meijer's for our weekly supplies. Since it was father's day Nancy treated me to her world famous poached eggs on an English muffin.

I did take a short nap and after the nap we headed to the Namey's for a Father's Day get together. We all brought pictures of our fathers and gave a brief report on Dad. It was enjoyable. We had a great dinner. It was very hot but Nancy and I did not turn the AC on. We are energy efficient.

June 21, 1927 with Grandmother Hughes in Germany. Grandmother Hughes wrote: " left Mayence at 0930 for Cologne, wonderful trip and reach Cologne 5 PM. Stay at Hotel Disch, room here for 15 marks or 7.50 each, like Germany". (I think Grandmother went to Europe with a Mrs. Manion)

Ossineke, Mi this date in 1938. GG and cousin David picked potato bugs in the morning (I guess in 1938 there was no pesticide for potato bugs). GG worked in post office in afternoon. Uncle Guy and cousin David cut 2 loads wood and broke the tongue on the trailer.

No comments: