Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thursday June 18, 2009

It was suppose to rain today but instead it was a warm sunny day. I wore shorts to the MAC for the first time this year. I also wore white socks much to the disappointment of Nancy. She says I should never wear white socks with shorts. I say it is cooler in the morning and my feet get cold riding my bike.

I was meeting JD for lunch today, so instead of going to the Kava House I read the DFP at the MAC. I also drank the MAC's free coffee. At 1130 I got in the Aztek and headed for Alto. JD had already ordered sandwiches and coffee. I like her new office. After lunch we reviewed some plans and discussed some general engineering issues. About 3PM I headed for GR. I called Nancy and told her I was on my way and that she could order two Queensland salads from the Outback. We plan on taking the salads to the concert at Meijers Garden. The Outback did not open until 4 so I headed for home. Actually, I did stop at Fox Ford to look at an 09 Taurus. I like this car. The new Taurus that will be delivered the end of July will be smaller than the 09. Think I could get a good deal on a 09?

We finally got our Queensland salads. We loaded the car and headed for the Gardens. The performers tonight were the Avett Brothers. They seemed to have a local following but Nancy and I did not really dig their music. However, it was a beautiful evening and it was great eating outside on the grass. We got home at 9:30 and it was still light.

June 18, 1927 with Grandmother Hughes in Lucerne, Switzerland. Grandmother Hughes went around town and to the stores and bought some linens.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. Cloudy and cool. GG was home all day. Cousin David was better today and worked in the garden. Sister (a cousin) gone up to graduation exercises.

No comments: