Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesday June 30, 2009

Last night was very cool for the end of June. In fact tomorrow could be the coldest July 1 on record. Last night HC and the church ladies decided to only go to the morning session and then head for home. They got up early, packed and left before I headed for the MAC.

This morning's DFP reported the Ms Conyers had resigned her seat on the Detroit City Council. This means that projects like the renovation of Cobo Hall can take place so that the Auto Show will remain in Detroit.

After lunch I had an appointment with my skin doctor. She looked me over and sprayed some liquid nitrogen on several damaged areas. I always worry about sun related skin problems because as a boy I had several severe sunburns. Nearly every year I had at least 1 episode of blisters from over exposure.

After the appointment I took a short nap and then a 3 mile walk. Nancy had a board meeting at the hospital.

After dinner Nancy and I passed out flyer's to neighbors in our block. We also collected neighborhood dues. We were quite successful collecting dues. Not much in the GRP or on TV. We watched a rerun of NCIS.

June 30, 1927 with Grandmother Hughes in London. Grandmother Hughes had another busy day. She wrote: "took auto tour to Stoke Poges where Grey is buried, saw the old yew trees under which he wrote, Penn Estate is there also, then we drove to Boulters Lock where we took the boat for Windsor, had lunch in the house Sir Christopher Wren built for himself and lived in. Visited the state apartment in Windsor Castle. Next went to Eton".

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. Great Grandfather Sanborn worked in garden for 2 hours and then rain came. They had dinner at church. The church collected $8.00. Drove Mrs Naggle and Mrs Talau. GG also drove Mrs Domke to Alpena. I would like to know how big GG's garden was. He spends a lot of time gardening. He also hired Kitter to help with plowing and cultivating. I would also like to know what kind of car did GG have and also what kind of driver was my 82 year old GG.

No comments: