Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday June 9, 2009

I slept in until 0630 this morning. I think it is the damp, cool weather. Today was sunny but cool. The high temperature was 66. I followed my normal morning routine. This afternoon I spent some time paying bills and reading. I renewed my California engineering registration. I wonder, given the bad economy in CA, if anyone would hire a 71 year old civil engineer who has not worked in the state in 42 years. After my office work I decided to cut the grass. I get very tired about 1/2 way through the cutting but I start thinking how much money I am saving by doing it myself.

Tonight Nancy has to work at Meijer's Garden. I will stay home and watch the hockey game. I will also read an article in Vanity Fair about Bernie's boys.

June 9, 1927 with Grandmother Hughes in Florence, Italy. Grandmother Hughes spent the day in beautiful stores (her words). Tonight she is having dinner in the garden.

Ossineke, Mi this date in 1938. Great grandfather Sanborn wrote that today was the last day of school. They had a picnic at the community hall. Dinner for everybody, ice cream. GG also worked in post office from 2 to 4.

No comments: