Monday, November 30, 2020

November 29. 2020

 Sunday November 29, 2020

Blog time 1500 sitting in office

We both got up at 0730 this morning.  I drove to Panera and got us both a coffee.  Hazelnut for Nancy and Light Roast for me.  I also got a croissant.

Oatmeal breakfast with yogurt topping, banana and croissant.  Every morning I have a cup of Better Oats oatmeal.  Nancy asked why I don’t get tired of the same breakfast every day.  I say it is in my Scottish heritage.  Oatmeal is a staple in Scotland.

Today we watched the 38th streaming service for Trinity Lutheran.  This Sunday is the start of Advent.  

After church Nancy and I got in the Fusion and took a ride through rural michigan.  We headed east  around the airport and took 48th over the Thornapple River to Whitneyville Road, south to 84th.  East to M50 and continued to Lake Odessa.  

Great day for a ride, bright sun.  We are always amazed at the number of large working farms near GR.  The farms look well maintained as do the farm homes.  

The one thing we noted driving through farm country were a lot of GOP signs.  Democrat signs were very few, almost non existent.

We also noted several churches with packed parking lots.  Do the parishioners think God will protect them?

Finished the morning with a 2 mile walk.  Today I celebrate one month since my operation.  Tomorrow I will resume doing push-ups and sit-ups.  Of course I will ease into the routine.  

Lunch and then headed downstairs to finish blogs and read some on-line news. 

This and that:

I recently subscribed to the Detroit News.  I needed more state news.  I like it.  Certainly beats the GRP.

Lions fire coach.  Is Harbaugh far behind?

When looking at the mass gathering of folks without masks, if the pandemic gets worse it is our fault.

President Elect Biden is slowly getting access to Federal agencies.  It looks like in his own way President Trump realizes it is over.  

For dinner tonight we finished last night’s pizza.  Very good.  

We watched a portion of 60 Minutes before switching to Prime.  We watched another episode of Jack Ryan.

Debbie and Missy FaceTimed us this evening.  We gave a positive report.

The temperature had dropped to high 30s when checked outside at 2200.  Frost expected this evening.



No comments: