Sunday, November 15, 2020

November 14, 2020

Blog time 0845 Sunday sitting in living room.

Saturday November 14, 2020

It was cold this morning. Temperature in low 20s but with sun.  Sun trumps everything.

Up at 0700, dress in winter clothes and head out on our 0.85 mile walk to Panera.  We always comment how quiet it is on Saturday morning.  Today no exception.

I had coffee, oatmeal and a bagel and Nancy had a cup of hazelnut coffee.  We enjoy our quiet Saturday mornings at the coffee shop.

Once home Nancy started the laundry and I spent time in office. This morning I did run a short errand.   Headed to Meijer’s for gas and yogurt.  Gas for the past week has hovered around $2 a gallon.  

We got a message from Helen saying they made it to Tucson.  The temperature was in 60s.  The warm temperatures are therapeutic for Helen.

After lunch I took a walk followed by a nap.  At 1600 we drove to the Cork restaurant for an early dinner.  The Cork has pleasant surroundings and good food.  I had the perch dinner and Nancy had a burger.  Very good, we gave it an A-.

Today I did not watch any football.  Just as well because both MSU and UM got shellacked.  I did not even read much news.  I know President Trump won’t concede and the coronavirus is getting worse.  Not much else in news.  But I think I am suffering from news fatigue.

Tonight we watched Midsomer Murder followed by Wisting.  It was mild and raining when checked the front yard at 2200.  Temperature will remain in 50s all night.

Both Debbie and Missy Facetimed this evening.  We gave a positive health report.


No comments: