Friday, November 27, 2020

November 26, 2020

 Thursday November 26, 2020

Blog time 1400 sitting in office.

Up at 0700.  Made a cup of coffee before breakfast.  Nancy headed out on a 3.2 mile walk.

After breakfast I read the GRP.  The GRP’s Thanksgiving issue was large with all the ads.  I remember when the girls had a paper route I would help them with this huge heavy issue.  

I finished the paper and then dressed for a bike ride.  It was kind of a gloomy 41 when I headed out.  Today I rode 10.8 miles.

After the ride I compared the  exercise app data on my iPhone with Nancy’s iPhone.  Bottom line a 3.2 mile walk is equivalent to a 10.8 bike ride.

Past Thanksgivings

As a boy we attended a big family Thanksgiving at my Grandparent Scott’s farm.  About 50 family members were in attendance.  It was a great family affair.

My first Thanksgiving away from family was in 1961.  I had my meal at the Officers Club at the Pearl Harbor Navy Base.

1962 Thanksgiving was on Midway Island.

1963 I had Thanksgiving at a restaurant in Saigon, Vietnam.

1964 I was just out of the Navy and had dinner at 123 First Avenue in Alpena.

Since 1965 Nancy and I always have had Thanksgiving dinner together.  Some of the cities where we had our meal were:  Redwood City, Ca, Grand Rapids, Mi; Alpena, Mi; Terre Haute, IN; Paris, France; London, UK; Berlin, Germany; Rome, Italy; and Danang, VN

We had this year’s Thanksgiving meal at 1430.  Nancy purchased a pre prepared traditional dinner for two at D&W.  It was really quite good.

Nancy and I both took an after dinner walk to settle everything down.

All three kids FaceTimed us today to wish us a Happy Thanksgiving.  We are blessed to have such nice kids.  Thankfully, everyone is in fine health.

I had a cup of yogurt for dinner.  Tonight we watched a movie on Amazon Prime.  It was called “My Spy”.  It is a movie for young folks but I think it was the type of movie we needed.

It was very dark when checked front yard at 2200.  Weather will remain in low 40s for next 24 hours.  

No comments: