Wednesday, November 18, 2020

November 17, 2020

 Tuesday November 17, 2020

Blog time 1000 sitting in office

Up at 0700.  First thing Nancy headed to Walmart for supplies.  I dressed and drove to Panera for morning coffee and bagel.

No walk this morning I have a scheduled 0930 telephone post op talk with the surgeon.  However, it now 1000 and no phone call.

It was bright and sunny this morning.  We did have a light dusting of snow on the ground.  Temperature was 32 and it will not get much warmer.

The Doctor called at 1100.  We talked about my progress since the operation.  He said everything is going as expected.  Bottom line full body showers are now allowed.  The 20# lifting ban is lifted.  I can start riding my bike.  However, no pushups or sit-ups until November 29.  

After the Doctor’s call I ran errands.  First stop the Chow Hound.  Bought a bag of corn.  Next I dropped off our annual pledge card at Trinity Lutheran.  At Meijer’s I bought a big bottle of prune juice.  The Doctor recommended a glass a day.

Final stop was Dick’s Sporting Goods.  I bought a balaclava to wear under my bike helmet on cold days.

At home had a quick lunch.  After lunch I took a long walk followed by a nap.

Nancy fixed chili for dinner.  I had mine with fresh dinner rolls.

This evening we watched another episode of The Crown.  This episode was all about the Prince Charles, Diana marriage.  Not very interesting.  Prince Charles comes across as a cold fish as does his aunt Margaret.

Debbie and Missy both FaceTimed this evening.  Everything ok.

It was 30 when checked out at 2200.  Temperature will drop to mid 20s this evening.  Fall weather has finally set in.

No comments: