Monday, November 16, 2020

November 15, 2020

 Sunday November 15, 2020

Blog time 0900 sitting in living room.

Today is the first day of Deer hunting season in Mi.  Almost a holiday.  In my youth everything shut down.  My Dad would leave for deer camp the day before the 15th and would remain at camp for a week.  

Many businesses would be open but at reduced staff.  Some men would visit the local bars trying to pick up Hunter’s widows. Some anger among women when husbands used up their vacation time at hunt camp.  

My mother and her fellow hunter widows would have rotating bridge parties.  Mother loved to play bridge.

First thing Nancy headed out on a 3 mile walk.  It was a mild 51 but she did encounter rain on the last leg of her walk.

I headed to Panera to get coffee for both of us and bagel for me.  Today I got a free bagel.

Oatmeal breakfast and now we are waiting for the 0915 church service to begin.  Today’s Homily talked about the end times.  Not really a cheery topic.  

After church I made a quick trip to Meijer’s to fill the Escape up. Also moved Helen’s car out of garage and put our two cars in.

Checked my weather app at noon and the temp had dropped to low 40s and wind was blowing a blustery day 20 mph. It was still raining so I made a decision, no walk today.  First time I did not get my 30 minutes outside in about 8 months.  

Quick lunch before getting in Helen’s new Buick and drove to the Airport.  Parked in the cell phone lot.  The lot was almost full.

Jennifer’s plane was suppose to get in at 1500 but they were 20 minutes early.  The high tail winds helped.

I drove them to our condo and turned the keys over to Sean.  I was surprised that neither Sean or Jennifer had seen Helen’s new car.  I told them they will enjoy the car.  It is super comfortable and drives like a dream.

I did take a nap this afternoon.  For dinner tonight Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs.  I had mine with spinach pie.

During dinner Governor Whitmer had a special new conference.  She announced new Coronavirus restrictions.  Starting Wednesday, dining in at restaurants will not be allowed. High Schools and Colleges will be closed.  The restrictions will be for three weeks.  Is this overkill or necessary?

We watched some of 60 Minutes before switching to Netflix.  Tonight we watched the first episode of the new season of The Crown.  We both like this show.  

remember some of the events like the IRA’s bombing of Lord Mountbatten’s boat and Margaret Thatcher becoming Prime Minister.  The show also showed the upper class snobbery of Prince Phillips towards commoner Margaret Thatcher.  In my opinion Margaret Thatcher was one of the UK’s best Prime Ministers.

Helen texted me to say Sean and Jennifer encountered a white out around Cadillac.  They drove blindly using their GPS to guide them.  Winter in MI?

Debbie and Missy FaceTimed this evening.  CA weather beats GR.

It was still raining when checked at 2200.  Temp will drop to low 30s tonight.




No comments: