Thursday, October 8, 2020

October 7, 2020

 Wednesday October 7, 2020

Blog time 1020 at Panera

Today is Breakfast Club Wednesday.  Alarm goes off at 0630.  

Nancy has an early morning class at MVP.  Later she and friends are going to a donut shop for donuts and coffee.

I dressed and drove to Panera for coffee.  Took the coffee home and watched this morning’s BC meeting on Zoom.

We had 26 folks in attendance this morning.  This morning’s speaker is associated with Habitat for Humanity.  He talked about their program for veterans.  Good talk.

After the meeting I grabbed my overloaded back pack and headed to Panera.  Oatmeal and bagel for breakfast.  Read emails before heading to Y.

At the Y I finally have access to my locker.  Now I will be able to store my workout clothes and shoes instead in lugging them back and forth between home and Y.  My bike rack and backpack were over loaded.

I took my normal 7 mile route home but backwards.  Good thing because I had a 15 mph wind at my back.  Easy ride.

At home showered and had a quick lunch.  

Nancy has not used her Macatawa Debit card in several months.  She tried recently what she thought was her password but no luck.  I took the card to Macatawa’s ATM and tried several passwords.  No luck.  The folks inside gave me a number to call.  Nancy called and reset her pw.

Being Wednesday I did a load of laundry and took out the trash. Even found time for a nap.

This and that:

Our recent high winds have dropped a lot of leaves and various nuts onto the bike path.  I have to be careful on the bike.

POTUS seems to be backing off on his threat to delay the stimulus until after the elections.  Good news. Just hope it is much less that Speaker Pelosi’s 2 trillion.

The Ca forest fires this year have been the most destructive ever.  California’s fires have released vast amounts of carbon.  

This evening is the Vice President Debate.  Who cares. I will not watch.

For dinner tonight we had Cheerios with strawberries.  Watched Shepard Smith news program before switching to Jeopardy.  We no longer watch the news on PBS.

Tonight we watched a new show on Acorn call “The Gulf”.  Not bad.  

High temp today was 65.  It was 55 when checked outside at 2200.  It should be 40 by morning.

No comments: