Monday, October 5, 2020

October 4, 2020

 Sunday October 4, 2020

Blog time 1500 sitting in office

Nancy was up at 0630 put on her warm walking clothes and headed out for a 3 mile walk.  It was mid 30s when she headed out.  

I got up at 0700.  Dressed and headed to Panera.  I bought Nancy a hazelnut coffee and a light roast for me.  Also got myself a plain bagel.  

For breakfast I fixed oatmeal with a yogurt topping.  Also had my coffee and bagel.  Very tasty.

Today is Grandson Lucas’s 15th birthday.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCAS.

Read the GRP’s comics before watching the 30th Virtual Service from Trinity Lutheran.  In person services will start on October 24.  Great news.

After church Nancy and I headed to Meijer’s for groceries.  It was not an original idea.  Meijer’s was jammed.

After Meijer’s I dressed for a bike ride.  My purpose was to stop a the Y to put shoes and workout clothes in a locker I rent.  The attendant said the locker room was closed. Bummer! Total miles traveled today, 8.11 mile

Before lunch I looked out our south slider and saw three deer in the back yard.  The same deer we have been tracking all summer.  

Lunch and then spent some time reading the GRP.  Took a short nap.  My afternoon naps have been providing me with good quality sleep.

Missy FaceTimed about 1630.  She was calling from her store.  The heat and forest fire smoke in the LA area are not letting up. Missy like most LA parents wish schools would return to normal.  Not going to happen soon.  

I finished the afternoon with a mile walk.  For dinner Nancy fixed her world famous poached eggs.  I had mine on a waffle.  Also spinach pie and some of my Sister’s banana bread.

Football game delayed 60 Minutes.  I watched a portion.  

Debbie FaceTimed this evening.  Heat and smoke are also a problem in San Jose.  We gave a positive health report.

Nancy headed to bed early.  I stayed up and watched the Polish crime show The Woods on Netflix.

It was pitch black when I checked out at 2200.  The temperature was in high 40s.  It might freeze this evening.  


No comments: