Sunday, October 18, 2020

October 17, 2020

 Saturday October 17, 2020

Blog time 1530 sitting in office.

Slept in until 0700 this morning.  The temperature was 30.

Put on our warm clothes and walked to Panera.  Frost covered the ground. Kind of pretty.  The color on the Maples is spectacular.

Nancy only had coffee but I had coffee, oatmeal and a croissant.  Panera was not crowded.  Only a few Saturday morning regulars.

Spent an hour drinking coffee and talking.  We walked home into bright sunshine.

Nancy started the laundry.  I headed out on a 10.5 mile bike ride.  You know you are old when the route you select has the fewest hills.

A home on Cascade Road is getting their driveway replaced.  The contractor had remove all the bituminous surface over the bike trail.  They had no traffic cones or barricades up.  Of course I lost control and took a tumble.  No harm done but I was mad.

Shaved and showered as soon as I got home.  Dressed and hopped in the Fusion and drove to the place where I took a tumble.  Took some photos and as soon as I got home I sent the Township several emails.  I sure hope they get after the homeowner.

Tonight Nancy and I are going to our favorite Persian restaurant, Shiraz.  I will have their lamb shank dinner.

Spent most of the afternoon in office reading.  From the Alpena News I found out, my high school still has not won a football game this season.  Most of northern MI had snow this week.

At 1730 we drove to Shiraz.  Good thing we had reservations because with social distancing more than half the tables were off limits.

We both had a glass of wine before dinner.  The lamb shank dinner was excellent.  Nancy had the pomegranate chicken and she said “boy was it good”.

Debbie FaceTimed this evening.  She asked about our health and we gave a positive report.  It is hot in San Jose.

This evening we watched two episodes of “The Gulf” on Prime.  We finished season 1.  Gave the show a B+.

Every evening I expect to see a deer when I make my 2200 front yard check.  Haven’t seen one in a least 6 weeks. 


No comments: