Saturday, October 3, 2020

October 2, 2020

 Friday October 2, 2020

Blog time 1230 at Panera.

Up at 0645.  Nancy headed out immediately because she has two early classes this morning.

I stepped outside to check the weather.  It was a cold 35.  Got out warmer workout pants and my winter bike coat.

Pull-ups/sit-ups before breakfast.  The warmer bike coat made for a pleasant 7 mile ride to the Y.

The Y was empty this morning.  I did my calisthenics and a short walk.  It takes 24 minutes to do my standard routine.

At home I showered and headed to Panera.

This and that:

President Trump’s coronavirus caused an immediate drop in stock market but by 1230 it was positive.  

A lot of President Trump haters are mocking him, including China’s Premier.

Supreme Court hearing will continue.  What happens if a GOP Senator is tested positive but with no symptoms.  Can he enter the Senate chambers to vote? Every GOP vote is needed to get a confirmation.

Tonight the Alpena High football team plays their third game.  So far they have not won a game.  Sometimes this happens. It is not the end of the world.  

I remember in 1951, Porky Stemkowski and I were co-captains of the McPhee Junior High football teams.  We were so bad that we never won a game.  If fact we did not even score a touchdown.  Life, however, turned out pretty good for me. 

Got home from Panera at 1300. Lunch and then I got a call from Fox Ford that the weatherproof trunk liners I ordered were in.  Nancy and I got in the Fusion and headed out.  Trader Joe’s is next to Fox Ford so I dropped her off.  Picked up and installed the trunk liner.  When I got back to T.J’s I only had to  wait three minutes before Nancy finished.

At home I took a short nap.  No walk today.

This evening we had dinner at Brann’s.  Usually on Friday night Brann’s would be crowded with guys stopping off for a quick beer with co-workers.  The Coronavirus has put a stop to this tradition.  

Before dinner I had a glass of wine and Nancy had her usual, frozen Margarita with no salt.  We enjoyed our drink before ordering.  Nancy had a Michigan Cherry chicken salad and I a bowl of chili.  The food is always good at Brann’s.

The news tonight was all about the President’s health.  We watched this news on CNBC.  Shepard Smith has a new News show that started this week.  We gave it a try.

Tonight we watched the final episode, season 1, of Absentia.  Nancy headed to bed and I stayed up and watched an episode of a Polish Crime show.

Checked the front yard at 2200.  The temp was in high 40s but will drop to 30s this evening.

 

 

No comments: