Wednesday, October 28, 2020

October 27, 2020

 Tuesday October 27, 2020

Blog time 1218 sitting in office.

This morning we slept in until almost 0730.  The lateness must be caused by the late sunrise, 0811.  Next week it will be 0711 and that should help get us up.

Temperature was in mid 30s and misting but Nancy headed out on a 3 mile walk.  When she got home she said she regretted not wearing gloves.

This morning I did the calisthenics at 75%.  Tapering off before Thursday’s surgery.  Shaved and showered before breakfast.

Nancy drove to Panera to get us coffee.  I enjoyed the coffee with my oatmeal.

It is now 1230 and it is still raining with temperature at 38.  My weather app said it will rain most of the afternoon.  So maybe no bike ride today.  I will try to get a 30 minute walk in about 1700.

Lunch  and then headed back downstairs for more reading.  

This and that from news:

Amy Barrett was confirmed last night.  She is now Justice Barrett.  Media and Dems had a hissy fit.

Big news from UK.  Environmentalists are proposing more plant based food.  Their big scheme is to rotate crops.  After harvesting plants for consumption from a field they are proposing just growing a cover crop and allowing sheep to eat and fertilize the next year.  The following year the field will grow food for consumption.  What is the big news about this!  For years my Grandfather practiced Crop Rotation.  Good grief!

President Macron of France has taken actions against Muslim extremist after the beheading of a teacher who was lecturing on free speech.  Macron has taken heat from Muslim countries.  Glad to see Macron standing up for Free Speech.  Took balls.

Another sad victim of the Coronavirus.  The EU has closed all Christmas Markets.  Nancy and I have visited the outdoor Christmas markets in Berlin and Munich.  A great way to spend an afternoon.  

Lunch today at 1330.  Yogurt, white bread with peanut butter and vanilla pudding.  I will be glad to get off this soft food diet in a couple of weeks.

It is now 1530 and still raining but I will put on rain gear and take a walk.  I have to get my 30 minutes in today.

The rain had stopped when I started my walk.  Walked two miles.

At home I got a call for Metro Health Hospital about Thursday’s surgery.  The surgery will start at 1050 and last about 90 minutes.  Nancy will drive me home.

No major dietary restrictions except no alcohol 48 hours before surgery. So I have begun my ACOD.

Missy called this afternoon.  Apparently LA is expecting some riots after the elections.  Her neighborhood association wanted to know if she wanted the windows in her store boarded up.  This is the USA?

Later this afternoon Granddaughter Alessandra FaceTimed us.  She was taking a break from virtual learning.  It has to be tough on kids not being able to be in a classroom with other kids.  Northern Michigan schools are full time with no apparent problems. 

For dinner I had a bowl of Nancy’s world famous home made chili.  Very good.

Tonight we watched an episode of Whitechapel.  I stayed up and watched episode 1of a Danish political drama “Bergen”.  The jury is still out.

It was still dark and gloomy when went out at 2200.  I scared a small critter when I turned my flashlight on.  He panicked and knocked over a flower pot making his escape.

Finally sun predicted for tomorrow. 




No comments: