Tuesday, October 27, 2020

October 26, 2020

 Monday October 26, 2020

Blog time 1100 sitting in office.

I set the alarm for 0600.  Today I have to have an EKG post op test. 

I did all my calisthenics followed by a shower.  When I headed out at 0715 it was pitch black and sprinkling.  Temperature was in mid 30s.  

I thought I would get caught up in early morning traffic but that was not the case.  Arrived early, 0730, so I pulled up my iPad and read the morning news.  The Doctor’s office has a strong internet so I was able to get online while sitting in car.

No waiting when I walked in at 0800.  The actual test took less than a minute.  On my way home I stopped at Panera’s Drive Thru and bought Nancy and I a coffee.  

Nancy was still out walking when I got home.  I had my normal oatmeal breakfast.

Today Nancy walked 3 miles.  This afternoon she has to go to Costco to pick up a prescription.  The rest of the day she will be be confined at home.  

Spent the morning in office reading and finishing blogs.  At noon I bundled up and headed out for a bike ride.  It was 38 with a light mist.  Today I took my weekday 10.5 mile route.  Most of the leaves are gone making it easy to see into the woods along the route.  Saw no critters today.

At home I put on comfy clothes and settled down to being indoors all day.  Lunch followed by more reading time.

This and that:

Coronavirus still dominates the news.  The drop in the stock market is blamed on the surge in new cases.  

The EU is also having a real problem with the Coronavirus.  EU and UK are not any better than the USA in handling this problem.

Weather is the 2nd major news stories.  Wildfires in the west, record cold and snow in Midwest,  and tropical storms in South. Good grief all this bad news will make a person turn to drink.

Bob and Nancy don’t watch main steam news because of all the political ads.  Netflix/Acorn/Prime provide most of our viewing hours.  

The first Presidential campaign I followed was the 1948 race between Democrat Harry Truman and Republican Tom Dewey.  Dewey was popular in Mi because he grew up in Owosso, Mi and was a graduate of the UM.   

The polls showed Dewey to have a comfortable lead.  Surprise! Truman won.

Speaking of Owosso when the city government switched to the City Manager form of local Government my Dad’s cousin Neil Jackson was selected as the first manager.  Neil served until he retired.  Neil Jackson, my Uncle Jim Scott and my Dad were all Civil Engineers who attended MSU.

On the subject of City Managers my Dad was CM of Alpena in the mid 40s. Many small town managers were Civil Engineers.

This afternoon I took a long nap.  Nancy looked in several times and said I was sleeping soundly.

We had our standard Monday night dinner.  Cheerios with croissant and vanilla pudding.

We did not even watch Jeopardy but at 1900 switched to Prime and watched an episode of Wycliffe.  Good story.

I stayed up and watched the final episode of the Polish show “The Woods”.  In the past two nights I have finished two Polish Crime shows.  They both were dark and gloomy.

It was pitch black, 35 and misty when I checked the front yard at 2200.  More rain for tomorrow.



No comments: