Thursday, April 30, 2020

Wednesday April 29, 2020

Wednesday April 29, 2020

Blog time 1300 sitting in office

It rained hard all night.  Nancy said it was still raining when she took Ms P out at 0600.  Temp in mid 50s.

Today Nancy and I are going to Meijer’s to replenish our larder.  We want to arrive at 0800 when the store opens.

Today is my easy Wednesday so I completed my calisthenics in 15 minutes.  Showered and then we headed out.

Meijer’s was not crowded.  Folks are complying with Coronavirus rules.  I bet 95% of customers were wearing a mask.  75% wore gloves.  Nancy and I were in complete compliance.

It took us an hour to load up our cart.  Biggest grocery bill I can remember.

On way home we stopped at Panera to get a cup of coffee.  Light roast for me and hazelnut for Nancy.  

At home it took us 1/2 hour to unload car.  After this chore I had a bowl of oatmeal.

Retired to my office.  My sister and her friends are gathering pictures of their mothers for a Mother’s Day project.  Helen asked me if I could text some photos.  I complied.

Read the Alpena News and checked email before finishing yesterday’s blog.  With the Coronavirus dominating the news it is difficult to find newsworthy items to comment on.

Lunch and then a nap.  Fixed our apple snack.  Pumped up the Bianchi bike tires and took a 5 mile bike ride.

Light dinner of cereal and fruit.  Fixed Nancy her after dinner cheese/cracker/pill snack.  I had an oatmeal cookie and then fixed a cocktail of Vernor’s ginger ale and a shot of Ginger whiskey.  Very good.  I am afraid it could become habit forming.  I have to be careful with the hard stuff.  Family has problems with hard liquor.

Watched news and Jeopardy before switching to Apple TV.  Tonight we watched episode 1 of Deadwater Fell.  It has potential.

Debbie and Missy FaceTimed tonight.  We all gave a positive health report.  

Missy did have some concerns about Akerke’s 6th Grade math.  I looked at an assignment dealing with triangles.  I thought it was advanced for the 6th grade.  I never encountered this material until I was a 10th grader and then I struggled.   


No comments: