Thursday, April 2, 2020

Wednesday April 1, 2020

Wednesday April 1, 2020

Good grief April Fools day.

The best April Fools story was SI’s story of Met’s Pitcher Sidd Finch.  The story was published in their April 1, 1985 edition.  It is a story of a young rookie who had never played HS or College baseball.  He arrived at spring training with a 168 mph fast ball.  It was a great story and I fell for it hook line and sinker.  Google it.

My home town newspaper The Alpena News had several good April Fool’s stories.  My mom and dad always tried to spot them.

Our Governor was to issue a decision on the status of the school year.  She did not issue it today because folks would think it was an April Fools joke.

This blog is being written on Thursday April 2 at 1730 while sitting in my downstairs office.  Why can’t I keep my blog current.  What else do I have to do I am sheltered in place!

Nancy was up early to take Ms P out.  After this chore she took a long walk.  She did not stop at Panera.

I slept in.  Performed my calisthenics, 50%, and then had breakfast.  It was cold, low 30s, and gloomy.  Today is my easy day so I took a shorter bike ride, 7 miles.

Showered and then drove to Panera.  The only way I could get my coffee is through the Drive Thru.  It took 20 minutes to get a coffee and baguette.  Sat in the parking lot and read my emails and the news.

This being Wednesday I gathered up the trash and recyclables.  I also started a load of laundry.  All this before lunch.

This afternoon I wrote my monthly letter to Grandkids.  Walked to mailbox to mail the letters.  Still dark and gloomy.

I found time to take a nap and fix our apple snack.  We had a light dinner.

Missy FaceTimed us tonight and we got caught up.  After Jeopardy we move to the den and watched an episode of Midsomer Murders before turning in.


No comments: