Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Monday April 27, 2020

Monday April 27, 2020

Blog time 1000 sitting in office

Welcome to another week of Sheltering In Place

Nancy was already up and had taken care of Ms P when I woke at 0630.  Nancy headed out for her 3.5 mile walk.  It is a beautiful sunny day.  Temp in mid 30s but will warm to mid 60s.

Headed downstairs and competed my calisthenics at 50%.  Showered and then breakfast of oatmeal, toast and banana.  

Headed back down to the office.  First order of business was to read the Alpena News and emails before finishing yesterday’s blog and starting today’s.

Some comments on getting old:

No longer sleep as sound as 20 years ago.

My personality has changed.  I am more short tempered.  Crotchety is the proper term.

I cannot multi task.  I will walk downstairs to get my iPad and a sweater.  I get upstairs and realize I forgot one item.

My love for Nancy has gotten stronger.
Like my Grandfather Scott I get weepy eyed often.  I hear Amazing Grace and tears flow.

I select the flatter bike route over the more difficult hilly one.

If Nancy wants to drive I will let her. 

I will now send High School classmates I have not seen in years a birthday email.  

I have no interest in poplar culture.  40s and 50s music is fine.  I recognize no one in People magazine.

I no longer have an iron clad stomach.  Spicy foods upset me.

No interest in team sports. However,  I do like  to watch ninja warriors on TV.

I can not walk past a men’s toilet without stopping.

I now have a Doctor for every orifice.  I used Siri to find out how to spell orifice.  

I recently returned to Church.  Jesus had it right.  Love thy neighbor and forgive and forget.  

If a pretty girl smiles at me it makes my day.

I like the fact that my Daughters are concerned about my well being.

I forgot the rest!

Before lunch I took a 1.5 mile walk.  Lunch was yogurt, hard boiled egg and Pinconning cheese.

This after noon I took a nap.  So I would not forget I put an alert on my iPhone to remind me to fix apple snack.  It worked.

Light dinner tonight.  We watched the news and Jeopardy before turning on Apple TV.  Tonight we watched an episode of Agatha Raisin.  It is a two parter so we will continue tonight.

Debbie and Missy called tonight to check on us.  We are ok.

Took Ms P out a 2200 and we had mild rain.  Temperature tomorrow might reach 70.  70 is good.














No comments: